I Tech Group

Monday, April 11, 2011

Information Technology & People (Business)

Today's rapid growth in information technology has occurred without a full understanding of the human consequences of its use—on individuals, on organizations, and on society as a whole. As a result, initial expectations have frequently not been met, and a backlash has developed. Clearly a more realistic approach to information technology is needed, and applied psychology can offer great help in this effort.



For me it is important, that the information technology will change a lot in our society:
  • What kind of public services can be expected?
  • How do we protect our consumer? 
We need to discuss quite a lot of issues.  Also, we need to work with the designs of IT-products today. They must be accessible to all.  In fact, a lot of us experience a huge gap between what we want to do with the technology and what we are able to.  Therefore, I will arrange a "universal design competition" for Danish designers this year.  I want to stimulate architects and designers to design IT-products for all of us. That is what is in focus of the Danish way of life. 

So far, I have had only positive reactions. The information technology has made it possible to make a lot of new services available for people. They must - of course - be accessible to everyone. And I believe they will.  But today we still need special services for people with special needs.  For instance within my field, deaf people or people hard of hearing need a compensation for the ordinary telephone service. That is a political wish.  In the near future, and over a period of two years, the Danish telecommunications operator, Tele Danmark, will install their new upgraded text telephones for deaf subscribers, I hope.  And at the same time, an Internet connection will be established. 

I firmly believe, that the future communication line will be the Internet.  Already, the Internet has opened a door of communication for a lot of people.  Once I heard of an old retired professor saying: "I keep myself going using the Internet. Here nobody looks at me as an 80 year old man - here we are all the same."  For me the example shows, that if we dare to use the new technology, we surely have a lot to gain.
  • A better use of human resources
  • A better sense of communication for all
  • A better future




1 comment:

  1. A Cryptocurrencies is a digital or virtual currency that is secured by cryptography, which makes it nearly impossible to counterfeit or double-spend.

    ReplyDelete